Participation kirk a l'album

• 22 Réponses
  • 2174 Vues
Participation kirk a l'album
« le: novembre 22, 2016, 10:46:31 pm »
ste revenir sur le rôle de kirk
Car j'ai l'impression qu'il y a une ambiguïté sur la raison de sa non participation
D'après les interviews par ci par la , qui sont souvent en anglais il y a 2 versions
La première version est que kirk aurait égaré son iPhone donc plus d'idées pour ce nouvel album !mais bon cela à mon sens est un peu ridicule car ca ne l'empêchait en rien à participer avec james et lars ! Meme james est un peu moqueur sur cette raison
Raison numéro 2 james et lars n'auraient pas tenu compte des idées de kirk et voulaient travailler seules et que kirk était contraint d'accepter la situation

Donc j'aimerai avoir vos avis 😉

Hors ligne Arch Stanton

• Whip' Donateur
Re : Participation kirk a l'album
« Réponse #1 le: novembre 22, 2016, 11:17:25 pm »
Comment savoir?
L'histoire "officielle" est bien sûr la perte des données, mais il n'est simplement crédité nulle part sur cet album.
Metallica, c'est un peu Papa Hetfield et maman Ulrich (ou l'inverse), et Rob et Krik, ce sont les enfants. On leur demande de participer comme on demande à des gamins d'aider à mettre le couvert.
On peut ergoter sur la qualité, ou l'absence de qualité, du jeu de Kirk, mais il n'empêche que Rob n'apporte presque rien, musicalement parlant. Il fait le job et il gueule "keskia" à la fin du concert, tandis que Kirk se plante et fait un grand sourire dans le vague en levant une main.
Je ne sais pas s'il a beaucoup participé à l'album, et encore moins si c'est parce que il n'en a rien à foutre et parce qu'on ne lui a pas laissé le choix. Il est en tout cas, et ça ne date pas de cet album, clairement moins investi qu'il a pu l'être.

Hors ligne King Nothing

• Whip' Donateur
  • Ni pour, ni contre, bien au contraire.
« Réponse #2 le: novembre 23, 2016, 08:41:33 am »
C'est toujours mieux que sur St Anger.

Judas lives recite this vow, I've become your new god now

« Réponse #3 le: novembre 23, 2016, 06:52:44 pm »
Quand je vois la gestuelle  de Hetfield quand il parle de cette histoire avec l'iphone de Kirk, j’interprète cela comme une excuse que Kirk a donné pour ne pas donner de riffs à Hetfield ou à Lars. ou alors une excuse pour dire qu'il n'a pas pu participer à l'album.

De mémoire ils avaient retrouvé son iphone quelques jours après.

Jens Kidman:"What's wrong with this fucking world? We play since fucking Jesus was born, and yet we never played in Portugal...what the fuck!"Vagos open air Festival 06/08/2010____ TACK MESHUGGAH

« Réponse #4 le: novembre 23, 2016, 07:51:55 pm »
Dans les années 80, quand on parlait des deux membres "fluctuant" de Kiss (c'est-à-dire tous ceux qui n'étaient ni Stanley, ni Simmons et qui faisaient des passages plus ou moins "éclair" au sein du groupe), on avait parfois coutume de dire: "Machin? Il est là où on le pose!"
C'est - malheureusement - l'impression que me donne Kirk depuis quelques années.
De plus en plus.
"Where's your crown, King Nothing..?"

Hors ligne Arch Stanton

• Whip' Donateur
« Réponse #5 le: novembre 24, 2016, 12:08:15 am »
Extrait interview pour Rolling Stone:

Hammett, for his part, admitted that he has had "a lot of therapy." Pressed about what he has had to see a therapist for, the guitarist said: "Dealing with my own interpretations of my own fucking brain. I need a lot of therapy. I'm broken. My theory is that Lars, James, Rob and I were broken very, very early in life, and that's why we became musicians, and the kind of musicians we are. A lot of anger and frustration, and needing a way to express and channel that. And I like to think that's why we found each other, that's why we were initially attracted, because we all had that in our personalities, and more importantly, when we pick up our instruments, the stuff that comes up is all congruent because we all come from the same sort of brokenness."

He continued: "I like using 'broken' as a term. It's James's term; if I had to use a different [one] I'd say we all came from really bad upbringings, we all had our challenges and had things happen to us that impacted us negatively in our life. But I also think that, fuck, man, that was done for a reason. It was done so we can do what we do and do it in a way that might help anyone else that's going through some fucking shit. I know to no small extent that we've all gone to music as a therapeutic device. I think that's why we're so wrapped up in all this. It's so intertwined in our make-up."

De la "thérapie", beaucoup de thérapie, pour l'ami Kirk.

Hors ligne Orion

• Whip' Donateur
« Réponse #6 le: novembre 24, 2016, 10:58:28 am »
Un extrait de l'interview de Kirk mise en ligne dans la partie So What du site officiel :

SC: I think it would be good to hear from your perspective how that process is, given that you have lived a couple of generations of it that Rob didn’t. You’ve already… you’ve been there before, and you’ve seen how that dynamic worked. So talk about how it played into your work on this record which seems freer than it has for many, many years.

KH: Well, I mean on the outset, I think the idea was to make an album that, it was similar in approach, you know, to Kill ‘Em All. And that was an album that was pretty much driven by Lars and James with a little help from Mustaine. I think the concept was for those two to spearhead that whole creative process again in much the same way as Kill ‘Em All was done. And you know, I’m totally fine with that; we all contribute in our way, we all bring our flavor, style and essence to the pot, and those ingredients are all, I think, vital parts of what makes Metallica “Metallica.” I came to the table with what I’m here for, which is lead guitar. On Kill ‘Em All, I pretty much showed up and started off with how the solos were traditionally started; the first four/eight bars I would play, and then just improvise the rest. There’s some instances where I went a little bit more in one direction and towards what was already there. There’s instances where I just went far into another direction and played something completely different, so it’s a mix-up on Kill ‘Em All. Having said that, and having recollected my experience, I thought it would be great if I didn’t work on the guitar solos beforehand. It’s a pretty bold thing and you know, it’s a really challenging thing because I like to be well prepared when it comes to anything that has to do with music and my guitar playing. I want to show up to the scene knowing my parts, being able to execute them perfectly, and being able to come up with the spontaneous pieces of music when I need to. That’s my thing; showing up well prepared and that’s, that was my MO for all the albums after Kill ‘Em All. I mean even Ride the Lightning… I still have my solo notes sheet with all my solo notes on it. This time around, I just said to myself, you know, in the past, a lot of the times the stuff that ended up on those albums was what I first played. The very first thing. It’s just like my subconscious has a feel for what is the most appropriate thing, and then when I start actually thinking about it, that is, that process is more similar to like, trying to force square bricks into round holes. You know, coming up with a concept and making it work rather than just letting the music flow, the creativity flow, the feelings flow, and have my subconscious dictate what needs to be done for the music. I put 100% of that concept into the approach of doing these solos. So basically when all the music was done, all the backing tracks were done, I would just kind of play whatever just so that people knew there was a solo there, it was more just kind of “filler” just to know that something’s going on there. So when I showed up the first day to start doing guitar solos, I had a springboard, I would come [in] with maybe a loose idea of how I was gonna start the solo, and I would only even do that the night before I was coming in. I wouldn’t do that two or three days before, I didn’t want to because I’d be in the process of pre-thinking it. I didn’t want to pre-think it. I wanted to capture a moment, be 100% spontaneous, and improvise as much as possible to really catch whatever was gonna come out. And so basically I’d show up, Greg would get the track up, and I’d say, “Okay, hit record,” and I’d just play.

SC: So how many times would you be listening to the riff and the main frame before you put your solo in?

KH: Well, I’d know what key it would be in. I’d know what scales I could play, if it was in F-sharp, I’d know that I could play F-sharp pentatonic…

SC: But you’re reacting off the riff still, right?

KH: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I’m just reacting off the feel of the music, the pulse of the music.

SC: So it was a very live process for you.

KH: Very, very live, in the moment, 100% spontaneous, total back of the head subconscious stuff coming to the forefront and out. And the way I got prepared for the whole recording process was I would go home, just work on my technique, work on my chops, make sure that my playing ability was at its peak as far as dexterity, control, speed, and phrasing. I think that at that point I was at the top of my abilities. And you know, knowing this and then going in to do solos, you know, it gave me a lot of self-confidence in knowing that I could do this even though it was something we’d never done before.

SC: So you were more confident in your working process? I think confidence has been something you fought in the past, but do you feel like you’re very at home with this, and that the playing sounds very confident?

KH: Yeah, well, the concept itself is challenging to me, being obsessive-compulsive and always needing to have lots of “ammo” in my pockets to work with. It’s challenging to not be obsessive-compulsive. And it [the working method] forced me to have a faith in my own abilities. It forced me to be confident in what I’ve done in the past, and confident that I could do it again in the future. So it really, basically, required me to turn off the OCD-ness. It basically forced me to take a chance on the music.

SC: Which is something you’ve not always been comf-

KH: No, not really comfortable about because again, I’ve always worked well with a good, solid foundation, showing up with a lot of ideas. And I guess my biggest nightmare was always showing up going, “What am I gonna do? What am I gonna play?” Just going “blah-blah-blah” for hours and hours and hours. That’s my biggest fear. And I don’t know why I’m afraid of that, because that absolutely never happens to me, ever, at any given time. But you know, it’s a real fear that I had. A lot of [the greater confidence] also has to do with the fact that I think my playing is better these days. I feel reconnected with my guitar playing overall, and it’s a great, great feeling.

https://metallica.com/blog/so-what-article/436203/kirk-hammett-the-hardwired-so-what-interview

"Flaaaaash bifore maiiille aiezzze, no its taiillme tou daiiiille..." ;)

« Réponse #7 le: novembre 24, 2016, 01:58:05 pm »
Un petit résumé 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Hors ligne Sdk

• Proud Asshole since 1979
« Réponse #8 le: novembre 24, 2016, 02:27:43 pm »
Un petit résumé 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
il est tout à fait content de s'être juste pointé pour les solos, parce que son rôle dans Metallica, c'est lead guitar, et qu'il est totalement ok avec ça. Ce n'est pas d'avoir son non crédité ou pas sur un album qui va changer ce qu'il est et ce qu'il apporte à Metallica depuis 33 ans.
Il est très fier de son apport sur cet album grâce à ses solos. C'est finalement proche de son apport sur Kill'Em All où il a posé ses solos sur des chansons déjà faites.

En gros, tout va bien.
"He wondered, as he had many times wondered before, whether he himself was a lunatic. Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one." George Orwell, 1984
"Envier des êtres que l'on méprise, il y a dans cette honteuse passion de quoi empoisonner toute une vie." François Mauriac, Le Nœud de Vipère
"Le streaming est à la musique ce que les fastfoods sont à la gastronomie." Moi-même
"J'dis ça ! J'dis rien ! " Francis Zégut, byzegut.fr

Hors ligne Arch Stanton

• Whip' Donateur
« Réponse #9 le: novembre 24, 2016, 09:16:50 pm »
Un matin, quand il avait pas surf, Lars l'a appelé. Il a ôté ses charentaises, s'est pointé au studio, a écouté les chansons, les a trouvées super géniales, a improvisé les solos, et il est reparti à la maison. Il passe par la case départ et il touche 20000.

Re : Re : Participation kirk a l'album
« Réponse #10 le: novembre 25, 2016, 08:11:38 am »
Un matin, quand il avait pas surf, Lars l'a appelé. Il a ôté ses charentaises, s'est pointé au studio, a écouté les chansons, les a trouvées super géniales, a improvisé les solos, et il est reparti à la maison. Il passe par la case départ et il touche 20000.

:D

Re : Re : Participation kirk a l'album
« Réponse #11 le: novembre 25, 2016, 03:38:23 pm »
Il passe par la case départ et il touche 20000.
N'aurais-tu pas oublié un (ou deux) zéro(s)..!? ;)
"Where's your crown, King Nothing..?"

« Réponse #12 le: novembre 27, 2016, 07:22:17 pm »
J'ai envie de dire..."back to the roots"  :D
Metallica c'est James et Lars, ça a toujours été. Ils nous ont fait le coup des "brothers involved" post SKOM mais au bout du compte, on revient aux bonnes vieilles méthodes!
Jusque ici, ça fonctionne, non?

Hors ligne Raziel

• Whipperz Mods
« Réponse #13 le: novembre 27, 2016, 07:32:49 pm »
Quand on regarde les makink of on se rend bien compte que Kirk est complètement absent.
Même Rob est nettement plus investi. On le vois d'ailleurs sur une vidéo apprendre le riff principal avec sa basse à Kirk  :D
Après est-ce une volonté de Kirk ou de James et Lars. Ca...
Je n'arrive pas à percer le sujet. Parfois j'ai l'impression que Kirk s'en care complètement. Il vient juste poser ses deux trois solos et apprendre les trucs que James à pondu.

Hors ligne J.N.

« Réponse #14 le: novembre 27, 2016, 09:45:58 pm »
J'ai lu recemment dans une de ses interviews dans guitar part qu'il ne voulait plus se prendre la tête, à travailler ses solos. Que la période où il cherchait la technique, était plus où moins révolue. Qu'il n'avait plus rien à prouver dans ce domaine. Il est arrivé en studio et balancé ce qui lui sortait dans la tête. Ok pourquoi pas mais dans ce cas qu'il bosse un peu la rythmique, qu'il file un coup de main à James  :D.